PDA

View Full Version : Mother Leopard/Kabini#3

Praveen Siddannavar
25-04-2011, 09:05 PM
After being watched for a while, the mother leopard and her cub decided to hid behind the branches. After about 2-3 mins the mother suddenly peeped out to check our presence, that is when I shot this image

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 800
Focal length 700mm
Cropped for Compo
Handheld:sad:

Bhargava Srivari
25-04-2011, 09:18 PM
That is one curious look from the leopard! Wish you had tried with the lens only at 500mm instead of the 700mm..that would have allowed you to put in more habitat. I say so because it is quite rare to get a leopard see you from behind a tree trunk...more habitat would have probably given that feeling of curiosity:) Still, this is an excellent image...good that you used f8:)

tfs

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
25-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Good that you were ready to capture the moment. It is good that the dried branch is not blocking the eye. In fact, the two dried branches form a kind of triangle and frame the head well.

Did you do noise reduction?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
25-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Bhargava, actually this is crop as the sub was far almost 80 mts, I can post the full frame as well.

Sabyasachi I used NR. hence there is some loss of details

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Lovely shot Praveen. Love the expressions. I agree with Sabyasachi, the branches add to the image. Without NR, the textures on the bark would have been interesting.
Overall an excellent shot. I'm loving every bit of your leopard series :).
TFS.