PDA

View Full Version : White-bellied Shortwing

Shreeram M.V
26-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Species: White-breasted Shortwing (Brachypteryx major albiventris)

Family: Muscicapidae
Place: Munnar, Kerala
Date: Apr 21, 2011

Camera gear: Canon 7D with Canon 300mmf4IS, Handheld

Technical details:
Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/200s
ISO: 200

Mrudul Godbole
26-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Lovely eye contact and colours. The details look good. Nice perch. Its good you got the background nearly clean. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

Bhargava Srivari
26-04-2011, 11:36 AM
The eye looks nice..the details are good too. Would moving to the right have allowed you to get the white breast of the bird? Because then, the feeling would have been complete ( seeing the bird in accordance with its name):)

Tfs

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
26-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice bird. I am not sure whether moving the the right would have disturbed the bird. For identification purpose one needs all the angles to show plumage details. Without the intervening branch it would have been great. However, that is the challenge of wildlife photography. At times, one doesn't have any choice. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shreeram M.V
26-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks Mrudul, Bhargava and Sabyasachi.

@Sabyasachi - You've put it absolutely right - "At times, one doesn't have any choice." It took me more than an hour to get the bird to sit still for a decent photograph. A very restless bird, it would fly away the moment you make eye contact with it. Luckily for me, the bird was continuously calling; so I could find it again and again despite it repeatedly disappearing into the undergrowth.

@Bhargava - I got a shot of it with its breast. Will post it tomorrow.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks Mrudul, Bhargava and Sabyasachi.

@Sabyasachi - You've put it absolutely right - "At times, one doesn't have any choice." It took me more than an hour to get the bird to sit still for a decent photograph. A very restless bird, it would fly away the moment you make eye contact with it. Luckily for me, the bird was continuously calling; so I could find it again and again despite it repeatedly disappearing into the undergrowth.

@Bhargava - I got a shot of it with its breast. Will post it tomorrow.

Shreeram,

Its great to know that you tried for an hour. Facts like this when mentioned in the original post, gives a good idea about and helps other in understanding the scene better.

Lastly, the @ sign when used against the name of a person appears a bit odd as the @ sign is mostly used for rate/price. Lets simply stick to names, lest someone someday takes offence.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi