PDA

View Full Version : is this heaven.... or what...

Chitrita Chatterjee
26-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Pic taken on way to Losar ( Spiti Valley)
any suggestions on how I can correct the dark patch on the left ??

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi,

Thats a lovely photograph. I liked the composition, of the river flowing through the mountains.
I think, since the sun was behind that mountain, the left portion is quite dark.

I have corrected the image a bit, by increasing the light and the contrast. Let me know what you think.

Rajan Kanagasabai
26-03-2009, 12:51 PM
The EXIM details of the photograph are missing and if you have them posted, we can look at ways of lighting up the dark areas while framing the shot. Eventually it all boils down to letting in a little more light, either through a lower Apreture, or a slower Shutter speed or a lower ISO could possibly light up the dark patches.

On the PP mode, it is very simple. I am uploading a lit up image (essentially used the brighten tool to light up the dark areas and sharpen selective parts)

One question i have on your original - the blue sky at both the rights and left top corners looks heavily tinted. Were you using a hood or a filter or run it through a selective tint during PP?

regards
Rajan

Rajan Kanagasabai
26-03-2009, 12:52 PM
OOPS, My apologies Murdul, looks like our post's criss crossed. BTW, what PP were you on ? I was using Corel Paint . . . .

Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
26-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Yes..we were posting at the same time :)

I corrected using Picasa.

Chitrita Chatterjee
27-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Guys... hope to continue getting commentsand help ... :-)
I am determined to over come my short comings in photography...have been trying to learn,and thanks to Saby, have atleast learnt to differentiate between a good and a bad shot....

Sudipto Roy
06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Chitrita
What camera/lens were you using? I think, given the massive exposure difference between the brightest spot of your picture and the darkest one, the camera did a decent job of balancing between the two. Faced with a similar situation in future, try to make sure that the difference is bare minimum, for which you may have to modify the frame. You have to basically learn to understand how the built-in metering system of your camera works and understand its limitations.
In my humble opinion, you should have reduced the space you gave to the sky. That's a very subjective opinion - you don't have to necessarily agree with it. :)
Sudipto

Chitrita Chatterjee
07-04-2009, 03:11 PM
noted... :-)
actually the sky was so clear and amazingly blue..... I had to capture some of it ... though I do understand your point of view as well... and accept it...

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
wonderful shot..enuf commented by others..nothing new to say..