PDA

View Full Version : Bonding between former King and the current Prince.

Anup Ranadive
26-04-2011, 06:03 PM
We were witness to this amazing display of affection between the former King of Bandhavgarh - B2 and his son - the male cub of Mirchaini female. The Mirchaini male cub had successfully hunted a sambhar deer (in front of our eyes, images to follow) and somehow B2 had invited himself to the party. Father and his children were bonding big time.

EXIF - Aperture-Priority Shutter Speed 1/640 Aperture 8.0 Metering Mode Evaluative Metering Exposure Compensation +1/3 ISO Speed 800 Focal Length 300.0mm White Balance Auto

Sabyasachi Patra
26-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Lovely scene. Nice interaction between the father and son. Wish the grass was not there in the middle. It is good that you got a bit of eye contact. B2 is mostly feeding on the kills made by the mirchahani female or the male cub. Not sure how long B2 will survive. He is a great survivor having lived a long life. Is this after the kill? On the other side of the fence? Look forward to more.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
26-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Lovely interaction captured. Its good you included the habitat. The details look good. Agree about the grass. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Anup Ranadive
27-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes, this was a day after the kill and on the other side of the fence. I shot this standing on top of the frame (above driver) of our gypsy. 100-400 provides the luxury of trying such stunts :-)

Anup Ranadive
29-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
A quick ques - how do I edit/delete any post/image which I have uploaded? Thanks.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Anup,
You can edit till half an hour of your posting. After that the software automatically locks in. You can upload an edited version of the same image as a reply to your thread.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi