Canon 500D
150-500mm
1/320
f9
ISO 400
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
26-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Beautiful bird. The eye contact is nice. I liked the composition and the habitat. Good light. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
26-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Beautiful bird. The eye contact is nice. I liked the composition and the habitat. Good light. Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mrudul.It is cropped from top and left.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-04-2011, 05:43 PM
It is good that the bird is parallel to the sensor plane. Somehow the image looks a bit stretched. Did you contrain proportions while cropping and resizing? Which software do you use?

Did it turn or move its head when you clicked? Which auto focusing point did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
28-04-2011, 10:50 AM
It is good that the bird is parallel to the sensor plane. Somehow the image looks a bit stretched. Did you contrain proportions while cropping and resizing? Which software do you use?

Did it turn or move its head when you clicked? Which auto focusing point did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabysachi,
I didn't do anything of that sort while cropping and resizing.Image appears fine in my monitor.I use PS CS5.This bird is a majestic one,it does everything gracefully,so was the movement of the head.The Sun was on the left side,I used only the central AF point,recomposed it after having AF locked on the head.I waited till the time it moved it head , eye was lighted,and then clicked.There were four birds together,two seemed to be juvenile(will upload the image).Suddenly after this shot,the birds took off,.They flew so slowly that I could manage to take few good flight shots as well( will upload later). Thanks

Bhargava Srivari
28-04-2011, 11:30 AM
The bird looks majestic. Probably the mose graceful among the larger birds...

tfs

Bhargava