PDA

View Full Version : When Chilika meets the Eastern Ghats...

Aditya Panda
27-03-2009, 12:53 AM
India's largest congregation of waterfowl this side and tiger, leopard, elephant and gaur country across in the hills!

Shot at dusk in very low light, hand held.

PENTAX K 10D
PENTAX SMC DA* 300mmF4 ED(IF) SDM
Aperture Priority
Tv: 1/200 sec
Av: f/10
Sensitivity: ISO 100
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 Ev

Cheers,
Aditya

Sabyasachi Patra
09-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Aditya,
The horizon is tilted and can be corrected in post processing. The man made structure is an eye sore. I wish there were a few clouds in the sky. A wider angle would have included more birds. At the moment, people who are not aware of this place won't get an impression that this is the largest congregation of water fowl.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-04-2009, 10:37 AM
The image is sharp even after being photographed it in low light and hand held. Agree with Sabyasachi about the clouds, a few clouds would have made teh photograph more interesting.

You could photograph any wildlife there?

Aditya Panda
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Aditya,
The horizon is tilted and can be corrected in post processing. The man made structure is an eye sore. I wish there were a few clouds in the sky. A wider angle would have included more birds. At the moment, people who are not aware of this place won't get an impression that this is the largest congregation of water fowl.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

I was concerned about the horizon appearing 'tilted' while processing this image. Actually, its not. The bund is curved and that makes it appear tilted. The man made structure is an anti-poaching camp. You're right, this is a porr representation of the abundance of Chilika... few know that it is the largest congregation of waterfowl in the sub-continent :)