PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Adjutant

Dipankar Mazumdar
28-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Dear All,
One of the Lesser Adjutant storks of the Andhiari Jhiria area of the Bandhavgarh National Park. Have always found these storks too far from the range of my modest 300f4. This time having access to Anu's 500f4, could attempt a decent shot.

EOS 50D+ 500 f4 L + 1.4x II @ f7.1, 1/125, ISO 400, Beanbag support.

Look forward to comments

Cheers
Dipankar

Sabyasachi Patra
28-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Where in Andhiari jhiria? This looks like a cow shed. :D

You can find them in the Sidhababa area as well. Since the chakradhara area is devoid of vegetation and the marsh has dried up, you can't find them there.

The shutter speed was pretty low. You can also try mirror lockup if the subject is not moving. I find that in bright sunshine, unless you are careful the whites on their head and body gets burnt. The eye contact is nice. I always feel that these fellows resemble an old man.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Nice eye contact. Maybe including less of the hay at the bottom would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Dipankar Mazumdar
28-04-2011, 06:46 PM
@ sabyasachi, It certainly does have the barnyard Ambience ...!!! :laugh::laugh:
These were large mounds of grass in one of the meadows in that area, The

Adjutant was standing with his legs almost completely in the grass, Looked like a human intervention (the mound of grass ) keeping in mind the recent clearing of clearing of the grass lands in bandhavgarh. I wonder what the adjutant was doing in it.

Or is it a nesting behaviour of the Adjutant ???

I posted it primarily because I have been pining to take a tiger picture in this kind of a greenish ambiance ( fed up with the yellow brown kind of feel), something like Beware! - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6382)
I guess till it actually happens, have to live with the adjutant.:001_tongue:

@ Mrudul, the original frame had a large mound, I cropped out to retain a sloping profile across the width of the image.

Cheers
Dipankar

Praveen Siddannavar
28-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Nice image, agree with Sabyasachi that they resemble like a old man:001_smile:
tfs