PDA

View Full Version : My favourate bird - Red Avadavat

Devki Nandan
30-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Clicked this image on 25.01.2011. Camera Used Canon 40D, Lens Canon 300mm F-2.8 + 2X TC. ISO 200, Shutter Speed 800, Aperture-5.6, Exposure -1. This is my first post to this site, Hope you will guide me for more improvement.

Mrudul Godbole
30-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Hello Devki,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Lovely first post. Nice perch and eye contact. The clean background adds to the composition. Is it a bird (?) on the top right branch as the hint of the tail is visible. Avoiding that would have been difficult, maybe you could have tried lowering the camera a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Do introduce yourself in the Who's Who section so we get to know more about you - Who's Who - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Devki Nandan
30-04-2011, 11:09 AM
yes that is the tail of another bird in the top right corner

Bhargava Srivari
30-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome to Indiawilds Devki sir:)

A lovely first post....cracking details and sharp as a razor:) Agree with Mrudul on avoiding the bird..

tfs

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
30-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Nice first post. I like this image of a Red Munia. The eye contact is nice. The background is well diffused. The image would have been strengthened without the tail feathers of the bird on the top right corner.

Is this a large crop? There are some sharpening artifacts visible. Were you handholding? Where was this image clicked? Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more of this beauty.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Devki Nandan
30-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Hello Sir,

Thanks a lot for commenting on my image. I clicked this image at Rawatbhata, Near Kota, Rajasthan. Image is not cropped, it is full frame and tripod was used. I did not remove the tail of the bird because that was a natural part of the image.

Thanks once again

Devki Nandan

Praveen Siddannavar
30-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Welcome to IndiaWilds Devki!

First nice post, I like the striking red colors, agree with comments made. Look forward to more
tfs