PDA

View Full Version : Common Iora

Prajwal J Ullal
30-04-2011, 01:21 PM
A beautiful weekend morning...a quest to frame the beautiful yellow chirpy bird....and what do I see...Its sitting on a tree just next to my building...and here she/he is

Sabyasachi Patra
30-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Prajwal,
Did you use a compact camera? Please share your post processing details so that we can advise.

The white balance of this image is off. The contrast is also high, so that the details in the blacks are lost. Is this a large crop?

Moving a bit would have ensured that the branch was not close to the eye in the image. That becomes a bit distracting.

Also, leaving more space in the direction the bird or animal is looking makes for a pleasing composition. So less space at the right and more at left would have been better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
PS: Please introduce yourself in the Who's Who http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=22 so that we know more about you.

Prajwal J Ullal
30-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Woah!!!

Thank you for your detailed analysis of the photo Sir. I think now I am in right place and seriously can improve my skills under your and other fellow users guidance,

Well I am using Canon S5IS, a compact point and shoot cam with manual settings(image attached). The photo was shot at around 7 in the morning on aperture mode, in Fluorescent H mode and vivid colour setting. The bird was at least 10-15 feet away and this was the only angle through which a pretty good shot could be taken as from other positions the other branches of the tree were interfering...also the bird was very dynamically hoping between the branches so at that moment of time I preferred this particular shot.
Yes this image has been cropped and probably from next time I shall surely take care of composing the images.

Again Thanks a lot for your detailed review...

Mrudul Godbole
30-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Cute bird. I know photographing these small birds is quite difficult. I agree a off-centered composition would look good. Do check the while balance, and preferably set it to 'Auto' to get the natural look. Its good you could get the eye in clear. Do post the EXIF details like the aperture, shutter speed and ISO to help in commenting better. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
30-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice image & Lovely colors. Agree with comments made
tfs