PDA

View Full Version : parrot with fruit

Uma Kathyayini
30-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I shot this image from the terrace of my house. I found this parrot sitting and eating "champa " fruits. How I could have avoided the houses at the bottom of the image?:confused:

camera-canon1000D
aper-10
shutter-1/40
iso-200
exp comp=-0.7

Mrudul Godbole
30-04-2011, 09:56 PM
The perch and the eye contact is nice. In this case you could have used a wider aperture like f5.6 or f6.3. That way it would have helped you to get a higher shutter speed and also shallow depth of field. The shallow DOF would have given a cleaner background than the present. You could have also tried a vertical in this case so more of the houses would have been avoided. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Nice image Uma, you may want to try vertical crop to aviod most of the houses if not all. Agree with comments made by Mrudul
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Uma,
Which lens were you using?

As pointed out by Mrudul, you were using f10 aperture. F10 is a narrow aperture ie. the lens opening is less. When the lens opening is less, the depth of field ie. the zone of acceptable focus is higher ie. more area is in focus. If you had used a wider aperture like f5.6, then the area in focus would have been less. So the houses would have been less prominent. However, the other thing to consider is that the houses are brighter, so you would have got some bright but blurred area in the background.

Also, when you use a shallow aperture like f5.6, more light will pass through the lens and you will get a higher shutter speed. Higher shutter speed helps in increasing the sharpness of your shots.

Increasing the brightness of this image would be good.

Which auto focus point were you using? You can see that information if you have Zoom browser or Digital Photo Professional (the two softwares that come in the CDs supplied by Canon when you purchase your camera).

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
A nice sighting of this bird Uma, agree with the comments made:) Do stick on to IW...we will all learn quite a lot every day!

Cheers

Bhargava

Uma Kathyayini
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the evaluation. I usually use 55-250mm telephoto lens. Normally I use center autofocus point.