PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Throated Yellow Bulbul

Praveen Siddannavar
02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
This is again shot at my friends resort (Wild Woods Spa) that is under construction, we were talking a walk to inspect the luxury cottages, when I spotted this beauty near the cottage, had to shoot handheld.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 640
Focal length 700mm
Cropped for compo
Handheld:(

Abhishek Jamalabad
02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Nice. Looks like you didn't have much time (or support :() to get it completely right. I would have preferred more space at the top than at the bottom. Wish there was a little more head turn to get the head parallel to the sensor. The open beak adds interest. The eye looks lovely.
A good shot considering you couldn't do much. I find it really tough to get these guys in the open with a clean FG & BG.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
02-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice to see this species. I agree with Abhishek. A better eye contact would have been good. In these handheld images at such focal lengths, it becomes difficult to get the critical focus on the eye. Lowering the colour temperature during processing would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Wow you have sighted and photographed quite a lot of species in birds. The eye contact is nice. The calling pose adds to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
02-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi for the comments, i have some more images will check which one has better eye contact share.

Mrudul - I lost the count of bird species that I shot, initially I was keep a count but later lost track, probably need your help someday to organize the images:) in the system. Also during the recent trip as mentioned I did Scuba diving, my instructor handed over his under water camera (Canon), I clicked quite a few fishes, not sure if we have some experts in the forum to id them;).

Abhishek Jamalabad
02-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I clicked quite a few fishes, not sure if we have some experts in the forum to id them;).

You could PM Vishal Bhave for the fish IDs. Do post the images nevertheless.

Bhargava Srivari
02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Given the scenario, a good image. Agree with Abhishek on the composition front...

Finding this species in the open is quite tough..so glad that you made some images:)

tfs

Bhargava

Roopak Gangadharan
02-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Beautiful bird. Wish the eye contact was better.

TFS
Roopak