PDA

View Full Version : Plain Flowerpecker/Wayanad

Praveen Siddannavar
03-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Shot this from my cottage balcony at Wayanad during the recent Good Friday long weekend. With lot of mist around & extreme low light conditions I somehow managed to get a reasonable shot.

Plain Flowerpecker (Dicaeum concolor) - These birds are tiny (9 cm long) and there is no marked difference between the males and females. The nominate race is found in hill forests of the Western Ghats and Nilgiri hills of southern India. These birds feed predominantly on nectar and fruits. They are important pollinators and dispersers of mistletoes in tropical forests.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/160
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 800
Focal length 700mm
Cropped for compo
Pillow used for support:)

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
03-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Lovely eye contact.Nice perch & BG.Thinking reducing the highlights selectively would be better.TFS

Mrudul Godbole
03-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Lovely composition. Nice perch and eye contact. The clean background adds to the composition. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

Roopak Gangadharan
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Nice clean image praveen, good details. Where in Wayanad was this?
TFS
Roopak

Praveen Siddannavar
03-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks Guys for the comments

Roopak - this was in Vythri, Calicut was just an hours drive. Had I known that you were there we could have met:)

Sabyasachi Patra
03-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice eye contact. This has come out well. I think the details in the whites are there except for one place near the breast. So I am more or less ok. The cobwebs look good. Overall looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subramanniyan Mani
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Lovely BG, Perch and shot.....