PDA

View Full Version : Purple sunbird Upclose but beak goes hiding

Atindra Shukla
01-04-2009, 12:04 AM
I could shoot a purple sunbird from a very close distance but still could not avoid its beak being eclipsed by branches.
This is my first post here.
The shot is with Pentax K100D using Pentax DA 50-200mm lens.

Comments and critique are welcome and please explain me how to embed image in message window rather than attachment.

Atindra

Aditya Panda
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Nice, sharp and good colours, the distraction hiding the bill spoiled this one.

Atindra Shukla
01-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Nice, sharp and good colours, the distraction hiding the bill spoiled this one.

Thanks Aditya,
With its beak properly seen it would have been a cracker shot. I like the spot-on colors.

Atindra

Chitrita Chatterjee
01-04-2009, 11:09 AM
very sharp mage and lovely colors.....
Aditya is right.. the hidden bill is distracting....
would be a brilliant shot otherwise....

Atindra Shukla
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks Chitrita. I knew about the bill-distraction but couldnt resist to post seeing overall merit of the image.

Atindra

Sabyasachi Patra
09-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Atindra,
I like the framing of the bird. The sharpness is good and the open beak is a big plus. I agree with the previous comments. It is unfortunate that you didn't get the bill right. However, these challenges pushes us photographers to strive that much harder. I am sure, we will soon see an image without the distractions. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice sharp shot.The colours are great and the background is also nicely blurred.

Look forward to more.

Atindra Shukla
10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Atindra,
I like the framing of the bird. The sharpness is good and the open beak is a big plus. I agree with the previous comments. It is unfortunate that you didn't get the bill right. However, these challenges pushes us photographers to strive that much harder. I am sure, we will soon see an image without the distractions. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks Sabyasachi. I am hunting that one again in this week end.

Atindra

Nice sharp shot.The colours are great and the background is also nicely blurred.

Look forward to more.

Thanks Mrudul.

Atindra