PDA

View Full Version : Black Naped Hare/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
09-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I see lot of these black nipped hare at my farm, but wasn't' able to photograph for various reasons. Finally shot one at Bandipur Tiger Reserve last month, the conditions were tough with lot of clutter and to make things worse the light was low as I shot this @ 6:16pm. I hope someday I will get a clean nice shot of this shy beauty.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 1600
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Bean bag support

Bhargava Srivari
09-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice sighting Praveen sir. You don't get to see the black naped hare too often in bandipur! In fact, I got to see a few of them this time, and got a few decent shots of one relatively in the open:) The eye has come out really well...may be using f6.3 or so would have been better.

tfs

Bhargava

Mrudul Godbole
09-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Cute fellow. The think vegetation displays its habitat well. It is good that you could get its eye in the clear. The low angle is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Very nice shot in the given conditions. I think NR has washed out some details, but I dont know how you could have made a better image. Lovely eye contact. The "clutter" looks nice to me :). I have never seen these fellows in daylight...
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I agree with the previous comments. Tough to get them with the vegetation. Wish the light was better. I am sure soon you will get better shots in your farm. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
09-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Nice shot.Tough to get them in the open.Hope to see one from you soon.
TFS
Roopak