PDA

View Full Version : Rwl

Atindra Shukla
01-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Red-wattled Lapwig, spotted picking up food-grain.
Pentax K100D, DA 50-200mm lens, ISO 800, F7.1, 1/400 sec

Comments and critics welcome.

Atindra

Mrudul Godbole
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice behaviour captured.

I feel, if possible, you could have photographed it at eye level, it would have enhanced the image further.

Aditya Panda
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, nice behaviour captured. You could have chosen to use the built in flash to expose the eye better, as it has been lost to the shade. But I usually don't trust the flash and also don't like its unnatural colours, it would be better to choose an angle with better natural light.

Atindra Shukla
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Nice behaviour captured.

I feel, if possible, you could have photographed it at eye level, it would have enhanced the image further.
Thank Mrudul, I agree and got your point. The thing is there was a wall between us. RWL was roaming in a plot fenced by concrete wall and I just shot from the wall as its someone Else's property.

Yes, nice behaviour captured. You could have chosen to use the built in flash to expose the eye better, as it has been lost to the shade. But I usually don't trust the flash and also don't like its unnatural colours, it would be better to choose an angle with better natural light.
I dont think flash would have helped, rather somekind of natural sunlight reflector. But I agree about lighting. Thanks for pointing it out.

Atindra

Sabyasachi Patra
04-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Atindra,
Low angle would have helped, but it is not always possible. I hate the built in flash, but have used it a few times in close range just to create a bit of flash blur. Dialing in a bit of negative compensation in an external flash would be helpful. In this image you can try opening up the shadows during post processing. Try to reduce the contrast as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi