is it allowed to post monkey's images in this forum? for your comments
camera-canon1000d
ape-6.4
ss-1/64
iso-200

Mrudul Godbole
15-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi Uma,

Images of monkeys are allowed, as long as they are photographed in the wild.
Nice tender moment photographed. The background is quite bright and distracting, so a vertical composition would have been good to avoid the empty space on the left. The eye contact is nice. A lower angle would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Uma Kathyayini
16-05-2011, 05:31 AM
dear mrudul

thanks for the comments. I agree with you that vertical composition would have been better. i use 55-250mm zoom lens with canon 1000d with IS. At higher focal lengths I found images are getting blurred eventhough focus is achieved. It is very disappointing. How to overcome this?

Bhargava Srivari
16-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Agree with Mrudul. Also, you can try to recover some details on the back region of the monkey. And Uma, do you use a single focus point or automatic selection of AF point?

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
16-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Uma,
Try for higher shutter speed. The general rule of thumb is to use a shutter speed = 1/focal length. So if your focal length is 200 mm, better to use 1/200 th of second shutter speed. Often, we can get away with lower shutter speeds however you need to really be careful with your technique.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Uma Kathyayini
16-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Agree with Mrudul. Also, you can try to recover some details on the back region of the monkey. And Uma, do you use a single focus point or automatic selection of AF point?

Bhargava

it is automatic selection of AF point. For static subjects i try to use manual focussing.

Bhargava Srivari
16-05-2011, 09:27 PM
You should try using a single AF point. That will help in composing images better with focus achieved at exactly the area you wish to:)