PDA

View Full Version : Orange Headed Thrush!

Praveen Siddannavar
16-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Shot this early morning under low light at Gorukana Resort, BR hills. I was talking a walk in the organic garden within the resort when I spotted this beauty with a catch. One can find lot of bird species ~50+ within the resort. I was also lucky to spot Juv CSE and an adult OHB right in front of my cottage near the spa area. If you have not visited this place, i would recommend it for birding, the resort doesn't have permission for jungle safaris at the moment. If you need more info visit:
Gorukana | A Sustainable Eco-Tourism Wildlife Resort in BR Hills

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 800
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Monopod

Bhargava Srivari
16-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Wow! You keep having quite a lot of luck withbirds..you show us different birds quite often:) Good to see you back from your BR hills trip succesfully....nice image this! The eye looks good..the vertical compo fits well.

tfs

Bhargava

Roopak Gangadharan
16-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Excellent image praveen.Nice and sharp (slightly grainy). Great details, the worms in its beak make this special. Seems you have spent more time observing the foraging behaviour of this bird.These ground thrushs are quite fearless and allow very close approach.
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
16-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Cute bird. Nice colours and eye contact. The catch is a bonus. I think reducing the sharpening a bit would be good. Good you seem to be discovering new places for birding. Thanks for sharing.