PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Giant Squirrel

Praveen Siddannavar
17-05-2011, 08:33 AM
We were driving from BR Hills to K Gudi and spotted this beauty at a distance, he was so far and didn't get disturbed, so I had time to connect my TC & keep the bean bag on the car roof top and finally shoot:001_smile:

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm + 1.4x TC
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO 500
Focal length 700mm
EC + 0.3
Cropped
Bean Bag Support

Mrudul Godbole
17-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Lovely eye contact. Its quite difficult to get them in the open. The light and the colours look good. Wish the out of focus branch in the foreground was not present, but seems you couldn't avoid it. The habitat displayed is nice. There is some noise in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
18-05-2011, 08:58 AM
The relaxed pose is nice...the details and colors on the back of the sqirrel have come out well. You will get to see quite a few of these in kabini very easily. And how much one will wish to sight a leopard like this while driving on the road!!:)

tfs

Bhragava

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Nice shot. Good eye contact. Wish the branch in front of the tail were absent. Is this a big crop? Some noise is visible in the BG.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I agree with Abhishek. There is noise visible. It is not always easy to get a good sighting in open without branches distracting. That makes wildlife photography more appealing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi