PDA

View Full Version : Red-rumped Swallow

Bhargava Srivari
18-05-2011, 02:41 PM
The one Supreet Sahoo posted this morning is in fact a red-rumped swallow and not a wire-tailed swallow, or am I wrong?:)

Composing this one was a little tricky...if I chose to make a vertical frame, then there would be a lot of dull sky as the BG;
if I shot a horizontal from the 6-7ft distance I was shooting, I would end up including more of the wired fence than I would like to!

Shot at shamirpet lake, hyderabad.

f5.6, 1/500sec, ISO 400, EV +1.7, 400mm
canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS

Praveen Siddannavar
18-05-2011, 03:29 PM
This is Red Rumped Swallow, the details have come out well. Agree that this is tricky to compose, but this fine image as is. Except that a natural perch is preferred, however I have never seen them on a natural perch, always on wires:)
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Nice shot. Tricky indeed to compose. I would have shot with a little more fence and less sky. I think you could brighten it a little more. A natural perch would have been lovely, but is difficult to get.
TFS.

Mrudul Godbole
18-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice eye contact. The vertical composition leaves lot of space on the top. I think a horizontal composition would have been ok in this case, as the wired fence is visible in the present composition. Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
18-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I somehow never realized that its a red rumped and not the wire tailed swallow. Good shot and thx for the Id correction

Sabyasachi Patra
19-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Good that you were close. However, these birds are small. So, a longer focal length would have helped in reducing the empty space. Try to capture some behaviour as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi