PDA

View Full Version : Little Pollinator

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-05-2011, 12:54 PM
ID help needed...
This is one of those tiny honey bees commonly found near garlands etc. Probably one of the Dwarf Honeybee species (Micrapis). About 4-5mm long. The plant is a Jasminum auriculatum.

Canon EOS 500D + Canon 100mm Macro USM
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv 1/400
Av 9.0
ISO 1600
Flash Off
Hand held
Cropped from the left and top. Do you find the bottom right corner distracting?

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Joshi Bhavya
19-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Nice one Abhishek .. like the pose of bee.. nice BG. and I like, you add some extra space with soft flower in right side, a small part of flower at lower right corner you should remove.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks Bhavya... I was not sure whether to remove the portion at the bottom right corner. Cropping it out would bring the other bud too close to the edge.

Mrudul Godbole
19-05-2011, 10:30 PM
The details are nice. Wish the bud in the background was not present, but don't think you would have been able to avoid that. As you said you have cropped from the left, then maybe moving the camera to the right to include that in full would have been good. Did you try a vertical? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Mrudul, I dont have a vertical with the bee in this pose. I like the pose in this image the most. I think you are right, moving the camera to the right would have been the best option.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-05-2011, 08:06 PM
The bottom right is not a big distraction. Will live with that rather than cropping it. I agree that more space at the right would have been better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi