PDA

View Full Version : An early bird with its early catch

Prajwal J Ullal
23-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Spotted this beauty with its prey early in the morning sitting just next to the terrace

F/3.5
Shutter speed 1/320
ISO-80

Sabyasachi Patra
23-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Prajwal,
Which camera were you using?

You got a nice sight. Wish the angle was a bit less steep. Also, when shooting against the sky, one needs to be careful about the exposure and dial positive exposure compensation as required.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
23-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Am using a canon S5 IS
8.0mp, 12X optical zoom
The bird was probably 12-15 feet away from me and this was taken at maximum optical zoom

Mrudul Godbole
23-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice to see it with a catch. Agree a lower angle would have been good. I think as it was a bit far, so you have cropped, so there is loss of details. I know with 12X zoom it is difficult, but you can try to approach the bird slowly (crawling) or use a hide or cover yourself with a green cloth and try to go as near as possible. A natural perch would have added to the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
23-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks a ton for all your valuable comments and suggestions.
Actually I capture the birds which ever is seen around me and generally these would be odd moments, i.e. when I feel like clicking photos before or after office, so I would be either at the terrace or balcony just with my cam...yeah I do try to act calmly and try my level best to get the best shot possible.