PDA

View Full Version : Russel's viper

Rudra Mohapatra
09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL
f/10
ISO 400
Focal length 55mm

It was a dream to shoot Russel's viper with wideangle. Finally i succeed.

Mrudul Godbole
10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi,

You got a real good close up :) . Including the tip of the tail would have enhanced the photograph further.
The light is good and the skin texture has come out well.There is some shadow on the eyes, so they are not clearly visible. Maybe a different angle would have helped.

Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Rudra,
It is difficult to go close to a Russel's viper without causing it stress and it trying to strike back. Some more definition in the head would have been good. It seems there was some subject movement when you clicked. The inclusion of the tail would have been good.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chitrita Chatterjee
13-04-2009, 01:55 PM
wow.... how close did u get to take this pic...?? the ground detail looks like u were quite close to the vipre.. :-)
i like the lighting....
the scales are so clear....
agree with Mrudul though.... the tip would have made the picture complete....
nevertheless... a wonderful shot....

Rudra Mohapatra
13-04-2009, 08:51 PM
@ Savyasachi
Yaa its difficult to go near to a viper without causing stress, I trid my best. It was sunset time so the shadows r bigger. Thats why some details are missing. Regarding some background movement- I asked a friend to watch my back as through camera I can't able to predict the distance I should maintain to be in safer side.

To others
Thanks for appreciating the effort. My heart was in my mouth when I was trying this :)

Sabyasachi Patra
14-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Rudra,
Canon's recent cameras have got live view. It will help in these situations. In these situations, there is a very thin margin for error. It is better to live for another day. :-)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi