PDA

View Full Version : River Tern with a catch/Bhadra

Praveen Siddannavar
02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Shot this from a boat during my recent trip to River Tern Lodge, Bhadra. The river terns and their chicks resident on the Islands will fly away by mid June'11 and migrate back to the Himalayas.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 320
EC +0.3
Focal length 500mm
Small crop
Bean Bag Support

Mrudul Godbole
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Nice to see it with a catch. The eye contact is nice. You can crop just a bit from the top till the edge of the stone on the right. The catch light in the eye looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Amit Kalele
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
HI Praveen,

Things doesn't go well here for me. Light seems harsh. For such a wider shot, I guess one need much more pleasing environment setting (may be grassy slopes with flowers :) ). But I do liked his catch.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Composition wise I think it would be good to crop from a bottom. Since you were photographing from a boat, you needed the high shutter speed. Else, I would have suggested for a narrow aperture.

I agree with Amit that a early morning light or a late evening light would have been great and would have elevated the entire scene. The fish in the beak looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
04-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Catch looks nice.Considering the direction that the bird is looking towards,reducing some space from top would be better in my opinion.May be ,I am wrong being new in this field :).TFS

Bhargava Srivari
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
This is my favourite bird:) The bird looks awesome with the fish. Were you using a monopod?

tfs