PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Pied Hornbill (female)/Bhadra

Praveen Siddannavar
03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
This is a record shot of the female Pied Hornbill, the males have reddish eyes while the female black. Sighted this beauty near forest entry gate at Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary. Normally whenever the images doesn't come out well I had a habitat of deleting them, but thanks to Mrudul who insisted that I keep them as record shots:001_smile:

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 11
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Bean Bag Support

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Nice shot. ideally it would have been better without the branch in front, but since it does not block the head or bill, I don't find it too distracting. Nice catchlight. The bill textures look nice. A little more details in the feathers would have been lovely. Why f11?
TFS.
I never delete anything in-camera, unless it is a really bad image. One can never tell for sure whether an image would be useful or not. Might end up deleting the only record shots and then getting none at all. :D

Mrudul Godbole
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
It is a nice record shot :). Its good you didn't delete this. The eye contact is good. Agree with Abhishek, the zig zag branches create a nice pattern. It is good they are not blocking the bird. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
It is good that the head is clear and the eye contact is fine. Record shots from various places are necessary for documentation purpose. Nice to see this species from bhadra. I guess you didn't go to the muthodi side.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Better than a record shot .But may be,considering the quality of your lens:).TFS

Bhargava Srivari
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
:tongue_smilie:Praveen sir, this one's a record shot??? :scared:

And thanks to you telling me once the same thing Mrudul told you, I have stopped deleting images too:)

tfs