PDA

View Full Version : "the incredible thol"

Tejas Soni
05-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Hdr,canon450d,thol lake

Sabyasachi Patra
05-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Tejas,
The theme that you wanted to focus on ie. Sun rays filtering through the canopy has been photographed by a number of artists and it still continues to strike a chord in people. However, I don't agree with the composition here.

There are two rays one on the left of the frame and the other moving from top left to bottom right corner. There ought to be one main point of interest. It would have been better if you would have moved the camera to the right to compose just the one ray.

How many images did you merge to create the HDR (High Dynamic Range) creation? Normaly it is 3. What were the settings? And which software did you use?

The image or rather HDR creation doesn't appear sharp.

Personaly I would prefer using a Graduated Neutral Density filter (where ever required) rather than stitching a HDR.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sagar Patil
25-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi...
Tejas, Can you post any one of the photos? the one with negative exposure ? It must be looking lot better than this and more natural.
I mostly would prefer HDR for composition where subject is very far like series of hills, clouds, sunset etc.
Here subject is too close like trees are very near to camera. Its leading to loss of sharpness and reality.

As Sabyasachi said, unidirectional rays would be fantastic.