PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpent Eagle | Chorla Ghats

Bibhav Behera
05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
This was shot today in the Chorla Ghats. Had a great trip in terms of photography but ended badly with my car being broken into and a lot of stuff being stolen including my Blackberry. Thankfully my photo equipment was safe with me on my person.

Anyway, here's to cheering up :)
Hope you like this one. More stuff on their way after a long hiatus.

Canon EOS 1000D, Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4x II Extender
SS 1/100
f/5.6
ISO 800

Handheld and Full Frame.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Nice shot. Nice composition with the horizontal branch. If you could have somehow avoided the OOF BG branch, it would have been even better. I like the wet look.
TFS. It's a good thing nothing happened to your photo gear. look forward to more images from Chorla Ghat.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I like the wet look. I am not sure how you could have avoided the out of focus branch.

Sad to hear about the car break in. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
A sad thing that happened- your valuables being stolen:(

nice wet look....the composition looks fine. Look forward to see more images from your trip.

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
06-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Bibhav the Chorla Ghat roads were in a bad shape when I visited last, this place is very close to my home Belgaum. You need to be extra careful and drive thru that route only if the road work is completed.

As mentioned the wet look gives a nice monsoon feel to the image. The CSE is quite huge.
tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice work here.composition and eye contact, good details as well. Good that your were shooting and didnt loose your photo gear .

TFS
Roopak

Tushar Dixit
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Lovely capture, Bibhav! It was nice to talk to you the other day. Hope you had a great trip at Chorla. Sorry to hear abt the theft - where did it happen at Chorla parking?

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi Tushar. I had a great trip inspite of all the mishaps. The theft happened near the Mhadei Plateau, where I had parked my car and gone for a trek with Krishna and my Uncle.