PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Lodges in Bandipur - Please suggest a good one.

Vijayasarathy Sekar
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I've been trying to find a good jungle lodge in Bandipur for a 3 day trip in July. I've not been here before. It would be really helpful if you all can give me suggestions on the same. My requirements are as follows :

-Budget - upto 3.5k per head per night .
-Safari's - twice a day. - open Jeeps - a strict no to dog vans ;)

Quality Food and service is always comprimisable.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay

Bhargava Srivari
07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Jungle lodges and Resorts- Bandipur will match all your requirements except the open top jeeps. In fact, you won't find open top jeeps in bandipur at all, thanks to instructions from the new conservator of forests!

See: [Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination] (http://www.junglelodges.com/index.php/resorts/bandipur.html)

Cheers

Vijayasarathy Sekar
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you for the quick response Bhargava.

I had initially ruled out the Bandipur Jungle lodge only because they don't provide open top jeeps for safari. Now I guess I will have to shift my destination too. No open top Jeeps inside Bandipur..but why?? :thumbdown:.

What about Nagerhole? Do they allow open top jeeps inside? This is going to be my first safari in this area (previously been to Muthanga and Tholpetty) and I dont like the idea of having to peek out of a bus or a van to get a feel of the forest :bored:.

Please advise.

Regards,
Vijay

Bhargava Srivari
07-06-2011, 03:23 PM
All across karnataka, you won't get open top jeeps..the reason, I do not know. In kabini though, the roof of the jeep is at quite a height- and very conducive to enjoy the jungle feel:)

Even in bandipur, the sides are open, allowing you to see the jungle.

Regards

Bhargava

Vijayasarathy Sekar
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs Bhargava. I will investigate a little further before finalising the stay and the destination :).