Gwalior
Canon 500D
150-500mm
1/400
f/6.3
ISO 400

Bhargava Srivari
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Good to see a flight shot from you...the flight pose is nice. The focus seems to have locked on to the wngs instead of the face though...a narrower aperture would have been good but then the shutter speed needed to be higher as well- a tough situation..

tfs

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
I thought so Mr Bhargava.Thanks for pointing out flaws,will surely help me doing better next time;).

Sabyasachi Patra
07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
In flight shots it is natural that that the auto focus will lock in to the wings as they are larger in size as well as provide better contrast. So I would prefer to use a narrow aperture which will bring the wings as well as the head covered by the depth of field.

If the bird is flying close, then one should try to get the neck portion in focus when they are flying parallel to you. If the head is turned away, then the head will not come within depth of field.

If you click when the wings are completely down or completely up, then they will be in the same plane as the neck and head. That will help you in getting the entire wings as well as the head in focus.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
08-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Lovely flight shot, I remember clicking a similar shot of the same species near Ganeshgudi. Agree with comments made
tfs