PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Leopard (Male)/Bandipur#3

Praveen Siddannavar
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Another image from the recent trip to Bandipur, it was truly a Leopard Weekend:001_smile:

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm, Bean Bag Support
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/320
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 400
EC -0.3
Focal length 500mm
Cropped on the right, OOF leaves

Bhargava Srivari
07-06-2011, 09:16 PM
The position of that paw in mid-air gives me a feeling it is broken:001_tongue: Just joking..

Nice eye contact, good colors..I have nothing against this image, except that I am not sure if so much space is needed on the left side. But why not give these leopards a break and share some images of elephants you got to see in Bhadra? :)

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks Bhargava, the crop on this one is tricky. I don't have space at the bottom, and what I have learn't here is to crop proportionally by using the crop locked. If I will crop on the left then the bottom will cut that has already taken a beating while I shot the image:001_smile: I also have a vertical but it's a bit too tight.

As regards Elephants somehow my elephant images don't come out well and at Bhadra I just clicked 2 images despite spotting large herds:sad:. I wish I had some elephant images like the one you posted today, I would have posted for the whole week;)

Bhargava Srivari
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Hmm...Praveen sir, this cropping proportionally with crop lock sounds interesting. Could you throw some more light on it?

I am positive you will see lots of elephants very soon and bring us some lovely pics....like the ones from Kabini:)

thanks

Sabyasachi Patra
07-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I like the pose. I agree that some more space at the bottom would have been good. However, I am fine with the tree forming the left frame. The light was less. Else, I would have liked a narrow aperture here. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Nice relaxed look. It seems as if he is sitting in a hammock. Good that you got both the eyes in the clear. The branch at the right frames the image nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you can go for a 17-40mm wide angle lens to capture good elephant herd images :-). Thanks for sharing.

Hmm...Praveen sir, this cropping proportionally with crop lock sounds interesting. Could you throw some more light on it?

Bhargava, In Lightroom software, when cropping an image, there is an option to help you crop proportionally. There is a 'Lock' image, if you press that the software will crop proportionally from all sides. So that gives a proportionate look to the image and the subject. Else the subject looks quite big in the frame when you crop heavily from one side.