PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pitta

Roopak Gangadharan
07-06-2011, 11:51 PM
This 6 O clock bird lived upto to its name .Heard it call a few times early morning before I sighted it late evening and got this pic bang in the back yard of my parental home. Really happy to know that these beauties still visit our home as I used to see them often sometime ago. Light was poor as it was past 6 pm. C&C welcome..

500D, 55-250, AE, f5.6, ISO 800, SS 1/25, +0.3 EV, Cropped image.

Regards
Roopak

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
08-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Nice catch & shot.Beautiful bird.TFS

Bhargava Srivari
08-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Good sighting this..always a pleasure to see birds visit homes:) A very good record image to remember this bird a few years down the line as a regular guest to your home!

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
08-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow! Beautiful bird, I am yet to see and photograph this one. Was this shot in Calicut? Good to know you have some exotic birds visiting your back yard. The catch-light is nice, wish the light was better.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
08-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Lovely eye contact. Good that it is still visiting the places it had been doing sometime ago. A lower angle if possible would have been good. What is the white spot on the bottom right corner? Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanx for the comments guys..

Mrudul,
This is a big crop. i was shooting through a small gap in the door of a timber shed.Almost half of the original image is the oof woodwork.The white part is the fringe of this.

Praveen
This was shot in my native village named arrikulam 30kms from calicut . Nice place for birds and small mammals.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Nice shot. Not a very easy to photograph species. The composition and pose look good. The white spot is a bit distracting.
TFS. You could have posted a larger image of the same.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Roopak,
Good to see a pitta in the backyard. Nice record. Is it a regular visitor to your parental home?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2011, 04:48 PM
An extremely beautiful bird. You can set up a hide and wait for it to get even closer :)
Waiting for more beauties from you.

Roopak Gangadharan
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks all for the coments . I dont think they are regular anymore. My folks tell me that they are sighted often but after this sighting i had kept a close watch for a few weeks but neither heard it nor sighted it again.

TFS
Roopak