PDA

View Full Version : Calf/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
08-06-2011, 08:50 AM
This Gaur calf was resting in the open while the mother was grazing near the bushes. Surprisingly just after 2-3 minutes after we were done photographing this calf, we spotted the Leopard on the tree, that I had posted yesterday. And coincidentally the Leopard had made kill of Gaur calf that he had consumed part of itl and was resting.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm, Bean Bag Support
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/160
Av( Aperture Value ) 6.3
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Cropped a little at the bottom, OOF grass

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Where was the mother?

Leopards are known to kill large herbivores like Sambars. Though they are no match for Gaurs, they keep a close eye on smaller animals as well as calves of large mammals.

Slightly less brightness and more contrast would strengthen the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
08-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Nice curious look. So the leopard killed the calf in just 2-3 mins time? Oh you might have just missed the moment. It feels really odd to know that you had just photographed the calf and then you find out in just a few moments it became a prey for the leopard. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
08-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Mrudul I think you misunderstood, what I meant was after sighting this calf hardly 200 mts we sighted the Leopard. And this Leopard on the previous day that is Friday had made a kill of a calf of a gaur. I hope this clarifies:001_smile:

Bhargava Srivari
08-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Glad to know that this claf was not the one killed:)

Agree with Sabyasachi about contrast/brightness, but somehow the texture of this image seems a little odd to me..just that I can't mak out what is wrong:(

tfs