PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant tailed Jacana

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
08-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I shot this one in outskirt of Gwalior,near Maharajpur.I spotted these birds about 2 months back,but could never manage a descent shot as they are very sensitive.After seeing the commitments of some of the members of this forum in getting good images,I got inspired and wanted to do something similar.I crawled for about 10 meters (against my nature),to get near to this one and got few nice shots.Not to mention about whole body ache:D.I found this species both in breeding & non breeding plumage.This one is in breeding plumage.Hope you will like it.

Exif:
Cannon 500D
150-500mm
1/320
f/8
ISO 400
FL-440mm(By mistake).

Roopak Gangadharan
08-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice image doc. Worth the body ache :001_smile:. The colours and walking pose are nice. wish the light was from behind you.
TFS
Roopak

Tejas Soni
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
kalpamoiji ,
wonderful shot and very nicely composed image.iimho I feel there is a little lack in focusing also i would crop a little bit from upper side and from the lower side of the image to create perfect compostion .i apprecaite your hardwork and this is what you need to create more impressive images .And i am very much aware of the pain .but this method always helps us to reach closer to the bird and it also gives us some freedom to compose the picture and also helps us to choose to work more the oof part.
The another point is the source of light in the image is from the left side as its upper part of the head is glowing .so you missed the catch light in the image .i hope you have managed to click some more images .please share more with us .I am looking forward for it.thnk you for sharing .

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Nicely done. Agree about the lighting. A little more sharpness will do. The low angle is lovely, and the raised leg adds to the image. It's good to see that the effort paid off. Look forward to the other shots.
TFS

Bhargava Srivari
08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Not to worry doctor..next time you can use the full focal length:) The colors have come out well...the composition is fine. Is this a large crop?

Tfs

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Not to worry doctor..next time you can use the full focal length:) The colors have come out well...the composition is fine. Is this a large crop?

Tfs

This is cropped,but not mega crop:D

Sabyasachi Patra
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Either crawl or use a hide and patiently wait for the subject to come close. I am sure that will get reflected in the quality of the images. The first few times crawling will feel hard, but soon it will be ok. Keep on clicking this subject and your images will keep on improving.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi