PDA

View Full Version : The pic says it all..!

Bhargava Srivari
09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Shot during my recent trip to kabini...we had a good laugh everytime we saw this while going to and coming back from the safaris.
But on a serious note, it is good that the forest dept. has set this up, because scaring people is the only way they'll realise the danger of gettng out of their vehicles in a jungle!
Thought this to be all the more relevant in the wake of what happened in Mysore yesterday..
A lot of friends here may not undrstand the text written in Kannada, but neither do I..."the pic says it all.."

PS: It will be great if we at Indiawilds, discuss a few other ways to make people understand the point better, and then send these ideas to respective forest departments:)

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Nice observation. While in Bandipur we had tried telling people, to not get down from their cars, but no one heard us. The only way to make them get back in the cars was to tell that there were some elephants charging, so it is dangerous to be out. Only then some of them got back. People honk, even if there are signs saying no horn. I hope these signs have some effect, but I still doubt. Thank for sharing this.