PDA

View Full Version : The Eye

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Using the car as a hide, I let it roll down the road till I could get as close as possible to the eagle. Light was very low for my 1000D which is not a good performer at extremes though has helped me get some very satisfactory images.

This is slightly cropped from the bottom and left and was shot handheld from the car window. Amazing how much IS can be a help in such cases to get a sharp shot.

Canon 1000D, 300 f/4L IS + 1.4x TC
SS 1/25 (-1/3 EC)
f/5.6
ISO 1600

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Bhargava Srivari
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Good that you got the eye in clear...wish that stem cutting across the bird wasn't there. Would moving forward/left given u a chance to get the bird without that branch cutting across?

Tfs

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Bhargava,
Moving forward would have got the dark stem more prominent in the frame. moving backwards would have got the branch passing across the shoulders of the CSE closer to the eye. Hence I selected this as an optimum position. I had a beanbag but somehow I forgot to use it for this particular shot. Wonder Why!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I love their eyes. Did you switch off the engine and roll down the road? Wish you had better light. Using a beanbag would have helped in increasing the sharpness as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes the engine was switched off. That made it easier to approach.

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice sharp eye. Quite difficult to photograph through so many distractions. Maybe a vertical would have been good, as the thick branch is dividing the image and the right bottom corner is cut off. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Nice.the eye stands out. noise is evident but thats any day better than a soft image.The 500D is no better beyond ISO 400 its cacophony (not noise :D).

TFS
Roopak