View Full Version : GAUR/ Kotagiri

Capt. Balakrishnan Adaganti
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
This shot was taken last year and I don't remember exif details

Yes I think I forgot to upload the pic. Here it is

Mrudul Godbole
10-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I think you forgot to attach the image. You can check the following link to know how to post images -

Updated Photo Uploading Instructions for Members - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31)

The attached document in that thread gives detailed instructions on how to upload an image. If you face any problems, do let us know. Thanks.

Praveen Siddannavar
11-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome Capt Balakrishna to Indiawilds!

First nice post of Indian Gaur and more interestingly in a tea estate from Kotagiri, I believe this is very close to Ooty. For each member to provide you value critique and suggestions. It is important that you provide EXIF details like ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Equipments details etc. It will also help if you can write few lines about the location and the subject you have posted. In addition the it will be interesting to know the situation you were in while shooting and what excited you to photograph will also help us understand better.

Look forward to more images

tfs

Capt. Balakrishnan Adaganti
11-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank you Praveen. Like I had mentioned earlier I have forgotten the exif details. However this shot was taken with a Nikon D90 and nikor 70-300mm lens in my own tea estate in Kotagiri. These herds are quite a nuisance as they destroy the tea bushes by trampling them. We just have to stand and watch helplessly. Anyway I am glad that you liked this picture

Mrudul Godbole
11-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Nice image. I liked the eye contact. Is this full frame? I would have liked some more space all around. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

V S Sankar
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Nice picture sir.Good to see them amongst tea estates.

Welcome to Indiawilds...I would like to see more of the "nuisance"!......

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
11-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I have been thinking of visiting Kotagiri for a quiet sometime. Good to see a gaur in the tea estate. How many of those visit the estates? Is this image a big crop?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to Indiawilds Captain:)

Nice feel to the image...the tea plantation adds value. However, I have a feeling that the animal looks larger than life, as compared to its surroundings!

Look forward to more images from you..

tfs