nikon lens : 500mm f-4
aperture :4
ISO-640 1/200 sec.
+0
F stop-5.6
Handheld, no flash used.

Bhargava Srivari
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
This one needs a reduction in color temp. the colors look contrived...I always find earthy, muted colors better with a peacock dancing.I do not know how you could have improved the composition..may be putting on the TC if you had time?

It always is a nice feeling to see a peacock display...specially if there is a female around, the male will always turn towards the female so that she can see the beauty of the male!

tfs

PS: I have no clue why there is the "red face" beneath my name at the top:)

Mrudul Godbole
10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I think there is a bluish tint to the image. You can check the white balance. Quite difficult conditions to compose. Since avoiding the tree is not possible, I would have tried to move the camera a bit more to the right, that way I would have avoided the stone visible in the background on the left. The eye contact is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I agree with the previous comments. The saturation is high. The contrast is also high. The blacks in the head and at the bottom have become too black and have lost details. Wish you had got a clear view. In Bandhavgarh, near the Gopalpur talao (pond) one can find peacocks displaying and the shot comes better due to lack of vegetation infront.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi