PDA

View Full Version : An encouraging news Item

Atindra Shukla
10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
This report I read in Daily pioneer website, I like this newspaper very much. I love the way they cover wildlife and environmental concern and not just glamour/fashion world.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/168612/A-ravaged-forest-made-haven-for-wildlife.html

Atindra

Murugan Anantharaman
20-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Its really lovely to hear Dudhwa thrive again. I had been there in 1993 and though we got some good sightings largely thanks to a friend's father who was the Prin.Chief Conservator, i was alarmed at the casual attitude of the staff. We came to know that the staff was ill equipped and very low in number. Also most hardly showed interest in maintaining the sanctity of the jungle. A friend who had also come along managed to buy a desi revolver from a place very close to the park. I found no reason for arms to be sold there, i was told hunting game is a hobby for many.

After all there is hope and this article has come as a ray of light. Hope things show up positively everywhere.

Thanks for the post Atindra....you made my day.

Div Puri
22-05-2009, 07:05 PM
This is encouraging :).

Avijit Ganguly
24-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi all!,
well i'm a regular in KAterniaghat & dudhwa NP. it isnot that rosy as it seems after the departure of Mr.Ramesh Pandey(ex-DFO).there are massive anthropogenic pressure on Katerniaghat & less vigil is also a gr8 cause of concern .Dabeer is a close friend & always updates me on those places & also the DFD of DTR(P.P.singh) .Human-animal conflict is on the rise& people are becoming less tolerant & turning hostile!!!!