PDA

View Full Version : Barking deer/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Shot this at Bandipur, I was fortunate to get this elusive and shy deer in open. This is the male barking deer also known as Mantjac. This was shot early morning with slight drizzle, the forest was at its best, greens all around:)

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Small Crop for Composition
Bean Bag Support

Mrudul Godbole
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Nice environment photograph. I liked the composition. The greenery looks good. I think reducing the colour temperature would be good as there is yellow tint to the image. Have you done any selective blurring of the background in post processing? Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
11-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Mrudul for highlighting the yellow tint, I haven't done any blurring. I use the standard steps that you guys have thought me to do in LR:). Re-posting reducing the temp. I hope this looks ok.

V S Sankar
11-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Nice shot with only the deer in focus.Again a mystique feeling about the photo.

Regards

Roopak Gangadharan
11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Nice one praveen.doesn't seem to have noticed you. I like the composition. The colours of the lantana flowers make the bg more intresting.Perhaps thats the only positive one can think of with lantana...

TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
11-06-2011, 11:44 PM
I am ok with the composition, but at first look, it seemed to me as though the animal has been thrown to one corner and hasn't been given enough importance. The good thing though, is the jeep track is visible in the present composition and adds value. The colors look good on the re-post...agree with Roopak about the lantanna..:)

I have observed that barking deer seen in southern parts of the country have darker/more contrasty coats as compared to their counterparts from the north.

Tfs

Amit Kalele
13-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Superb catch this is. Love the re post. Do you have any with front pose? They look real comical.

Mohan Raj
13-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Well taken photograph. I like your composition to include the habitat.
:001_smile: