PDA

View Full Version : White Throated Kingfisher/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
11-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Shot this KF at Bandipur, the kf was quite far. I was in two minds while composing. If I cropped heavily then all details were lost and also it was creating a lot of noise. I choose to do 40% crop and balance loss-gain:laugh:.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1000
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Cropped for Composition & also the kf was quite far even for my long tele
Bean Bag Support

Bhargava Srivari
11-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I really like the composition and also the pose you captured. The diffused BG is a plus...when was this?

May be you could have tried a vertical?

Tfs

Mrudul Godbole
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Nice perch and eye contact. The clean green background adds to the composition. The colours are nice. It is good you kept some space all around, creating a environment photograph is quite difficult.

Bhargava, I feel in a vertical the bird would have appeared more smaller in the frame, also the horizontal branch goes well with a horizontal composition.

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-06-2011, 10:48 PM
So beautiful is the photograph with turquoise blue upper body looking prominently.Earlier it was called White breasted Kingfisher.Incidentally it is the State Bird of West Bengal.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice background. The branch looks good. I think it is known as kilkila in bengali due its call and machha ranka in Oriya after its food habit (eating fish).

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Amit Kalele
13-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Nice shot but as you mentioned it looks pushed in corner a little too much :)

Sagar Patil
25-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Wow nice, fresh shot.
Praveen, I like all your shots, somewhat different, don't know but I liked them, though are of common birds.

Congrats for your scuba experience.