PDA

View Full Version : Tiger!/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
This was shot on 21st Aug'10 @ 7:13am at Mulapura water hole, Bandipur. He is a handsome male, it seems he is has been sighted again on Saturday, that is 12th June.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Bean Bag Support

Mrudul Godbole
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Nice to see a tiger resting. Less space in the foreground would have been good. Is there any name given to him? Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
13-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Nicely done Praveen sir...the greens look good. Agree with Mrudul about composition..

Mrudul, this one seems to me like the new male and was seen first by Basavanna when he was crossing the Ooty highway last August. Then, I was second in the line to be blessed by his presence 3 timess in two safaris on August 14th and 15th. Praveen, though was even more lucky as he made some very nice images of this guy. He hasn't been named yet...so may be we can name him "Praveen":):)

By the way, the tiger that appeared in Praveen's yesterday's image is the same tiger (if this one is the new male)..

In fact, I am now beginning to get worried if this guy and Gouri with her cubs are the only tigers left in the tourism zone of bandipur! There is no info on movement of any other tiger which had previously been sighted in the bandipur tourism area:(
tfs

Amit Kalele
13-06-2011, 09:17 AM
superb shot Praveen, I would take out lot of part from bottom and make it pano.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree about the pano crop as the depth of field is very less. Haven't been to bandipur in a while. Lets see when I can take time off for a casual visit. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Neil Mehta
14-06-2011, 01:10 PM
LOved the greens. Would have removed little from the bottom. TFS