exif:-
1/320
f/8
iso 400
fl-500mm
full frame

Bhargava Srivari
13-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Nice eye contact..the catch in the bill adds value (btw, what is it?) More space to the right to include the bird in full would be good....the blue water in Bg is nice

tfs

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
13-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I agree that I should have included the bird in full,but couldn't execute well in the field.I posted this one because of the catch( a crab).Thanks for your comments.

Roopak Gangadharan
13-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Good to see it with a catch. Nice pose and eye contact. The habitat has come out well. wud like a little more space on the right and at the bottom.
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
13-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice habitat photograph. The catch is nice. I liked the eye contact. Agree about the space. The blacks in the tail portion have lost details, you can try to recover them. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Good to see this. I agree that some more space at the right would have been great. Were you handholding? Wish you had a higher shutter speed. If possible, a lower angle would have been great. Were you shooting from the car? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
13-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Good to see this. I agree that some more space at the right would have been great. Were you handholding? Wish you had a higher shutter speed. If possible, a lower angle would have been great. Were you shooting from the car? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

It was handheld.I was shooting from car,and there was no scope for lowering the angle as it was slope beside the road and below there were all waters:).Tell me something about the quality of the image for the lens I am using.Is it OK?

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2011, 08:44 PM
It was handheld.I was shooting from car,and there was no scope for lowering the angle as it was slope beside the road and below there were all waters:).Tell me something about the quality of the image for the lens I am using.Is it OK?

The quality of the image also depends upon the shutter speed, handholding technique, critical focus on the subject etc. Since this is a full frame image, I would expect a bit more details. I would suggest you to experiment some more with this lens with different settings and after placing it on a stable support. Once you remove all the photographer dependent variables, you will get to know the true quality of the lens. It is important to know the limitations of the lens and extract the maximum that the lens can provide.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
13-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Lovely image with the catch, I understand most of them have given you enough points for improvement & what the image is lacking, I agree with them. I would suggest that you use a bean bag while shooting from car, it will surely enhance sharpness and over quality of the image.
tfs