PDA

View Full Version : The head turn

Dipankar Mazumdar
13-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Dear All,
Just back from a quick dash to Ranthambhore National Park just before the rains set in and tiger sightings drop substantially. This is T-17 taking a dip in the Rajbag lake, oblivious to all the clamor around her.When she sat down in the water, with her back to us, I hoped for a head turn so that her hideous collar would get concealed. She did just that and gave me the perfect look in beautiful light.
EOS 50D + 300 f4 @ f8, 1/800, ISO 200, practically full frame.

Look forward to comments.
Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
13-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Lovely eye contact. It is always a pleasure to see a tiger relaxing in water :). The details and the habitat look nice. I would have liked to add a bit more space in the foreground from the top. I had a great time photographing her last year :). Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
13-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow! Beautiful image Dipankar, the tiger in water is always a treat to watch. This image really has the freshness that one dies to have in his or her images. You have got this to perfection. To add to all these positives the head turn is a bonus to make this image a winner. I too feel some space in the foreground may look even better. Overall a very pleasing image.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Nice to see a tiger in water. It is good that the radio collar is not visible in this image. I agree that some more space at the bottom rather than the top would strengthen this image.

Unfortunately couldn't go to Ranthambhore this summer. Will plan a visit when ranthambhore reopens so that I can film her again. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
14-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Wow..good to see an image of her without the collar visible:) The image surely looks fresh..agree about space at the bottom. Been waiting to make a trip o ranthambore for quite aome..hopefull i can plan as soon as the park opens!

Tfs

Dipankar Mazumdar
14-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Dear All,

Thankyou all for comments,

T-17 was oblivious to all the clamor around her created by excited children, fashionable ladies in designer shades, Boorish VIPs enjoying a free ride and overzealous photographers jostling for the perfect angle, she turned her head around,looked at me in a manner which suggested,for you only..!!!! :001_tongue:

The Tigress T-19 was recently spotted with 3 cubs recently and I was hoping to be fortunate to see them. However the forst deptt shut down the zone 2 to ensure that they are not disturbed.

The guides and drivers are not too sure about how the post monsoon session shall pan out. There is a strong rumor that the NTCA recommendations shall be implemented and the national park area shall be shut down. safaris shall only be possible in the adjoining sanctuary of Kela devi, Chidikho and Balas.
Lets see how things develop.

Cheers
Dipankar