PDA

View Full Version : Rufous Tree Pie

Arijit Banerjee
14-06-2011, 12:01 PM
A Rufous Tree Pie from last years' trip to Ranthambhor.

1/500 se, f 5.8, ISO 200, Aperture Priority, Spot Metered, handheld

Pentax Kx, Pentax DA L 55-300mm.

Arijit

Sabyasachi Patra
14-06-2011, 03:33 PM
A slight head turn would have enhanced the eye contact. Since the bird is angled away ie. its entire body is not parallel to the sensor plane, it is better to use a narrow aperture like f8 etc so that the depth of field is higher and the entire body is in focus. If possible moving slightly to the left would have been even better.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice calling pose. The light and the perch is nice. I agree with the above comments. Using a narrower aperture would have been good. The clean background looks nice. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Bhargava Srivari
14-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Agree with the comment about a narrower aperture...moving to the left- not sure if it was possible, but with all that I heard about how used these birds are to humans (in Ranthambore), may be it was worth trying.

Now dada, this image was made an year ago...you know, I know- how much you evolved as a photographer in this time....where are the flamingoes and storks and herons? Look forward to some recent work from you:)

tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
15-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Nice one Arijit, the tree pie is so shy in south while in Rathambhore they are so used to humans. During my last's visit to RNP, I remember shooting the tree pie at 81mm, that perched on the roof top rod of our jeep:).
A narrow aperture in this case would have been better and of course head turn not fully in your control.
tfs