PDA

View Full Version : Lineated barbet

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
14-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I shot this from balcony of my residence at Gwalior in the afternoon time.Condition was not ideal because background was very bright as the Sun was in the opposite side.But this is the only time I can find this bird there as this bird,along with others, often comes to take water from a pot usually kept for birds to quench thirst in hot summer.

Exif-
1/160(EC+1)
f/8
ISO 400
Handheld
FL-500mm
f value was intentional as below this images are not sharp with this lens.

Mrudul Godbole
15-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Nice perch and eye contact. Its good you got it quite in the open. Slight less space on the right would be good. The greens look a bit saturated, reducing it would be good. What is the spot (dust?) on the left? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I agree that you need a minimum of f8 to get better sharpness with this lens as it is not as sharp at its max widest aperture of f6.3 .

The exposure is fine. Wish you had higher shutter speed, however, this looks to be in shade. There is a tint in this image. Reducing the saturation a bit will be good. You may try to reprocess it.

If it is from your balcony then you can place a beanbag or stable support so that you can place your camera on it and shoot. It is not always easy to get sharp shots at low shutter speeds.

The angled perch is nice. Without the branch at the top, this image would be strengthened. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
15-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Agree with you on the aperture..even if a lens is sharp wide open, there is no harm in using a narrow aperture, specially with small birds like these which are neer easy to shoot.

Agree that reducing the saturation will be good..also lesser space on the right will look better.

Good job here, had never seen this bird before!

Tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
20-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Nice eye contact and details doctor..... the colours look a bit overdone.
TFS
Roopak