PDA

View Full Version : Asian Paradise Flycatcher Rufous Male

Anand P Sachdeva
14-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Dear all, this pic taken at Ranthambhore this is ever best tour of Ranthambhore National Park
Canon EOS 7D+IS 500
1/125
Av F 5.6
ISO 250
Focal length 500mm
Almost full frame
Bean Bag Support

Mrudul Godbole
15-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow lovely that you could photograph this bird in the open. Nice perch and eye contact. Placing the bird to the left would be good with more space on the right. You could have also tried to increase the ISO further for a narrower aperture. Thanks for sharing. Surely seems you had some nice sightings :). Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Lovely! The way the tail is curved looks nice. A vertical would have been great. I agree that a higher ISO would have been good as it would have given a higher shutter speed. Since this one is in shade, I would have preferred to dial in a positive exposure compensation.

Human mind always tries to make the connection and close the loop. In psychology they call it the "Closure Effect". Some more space at the top to show where this branch meets the tree would have been even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bhargava Srivari
15-06-2011, 05:06 PM
You could have easily used a higher ISO:) All that space on the left is of no use...a vertical would have been great. The colors look good, but a positive EV would have enhanced them even further. Overall, an enjoyable frame baring the space on the left..honestly I had close that space with my hand to understand and enjoy the image:)

Sagar Patil
25-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow, this is classic frame.

Inversely, I liked to include the branch on the left.. its strongly supporting the composition. Lovely shot.