PDA

View Full Version : Ready to kill

Ashok Sorout
17-06-2011, 10:53 PM
When I was checking my photogreaphs back in hotel after evening safari to Ranthambore NP, found this image interesting whre tiger and target were in same frame. Thought of sharing it with you all. This was my first encounter with tiger I was so exited that I forgot to tune in my camera in manual mode as still I am not comfortable with manual mode. Wanted to see the fight but tiger could not sucessed.

Patra Sir, Please call me to your place for a day or two teaching or call me when ever you visit Delhi. I am sure you will see this picture after seeing the title. My number is 999 000 92 07.

ISI 3200, f 5.6, Apperture priority mode, Speed 1/320s, Auto WB. No editing done except my name.

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-06-2011, 10:41 AM
This photograph gives us a feeling of THE HUNTER and THE HUNTED.It would have been wonderful if the chital would just have been at outer periphery of depth of field(not so blurred) and its head appearing.I think Av or Tv priority may be decided depending upon light condition, undergrowth and whether the Tele/Zoom is handheld. Sri Sabyasachi and others may enlighten us.SAKTIWILD

Sabyasachi Patra
19-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Ashok,

Interesting. It is great that you could experience this scene.

The deer on the top right of the frame is cut off. A wider composition would have been better as you could have got the deer completely in the frame.

The light seems to be pretty low. You were already at ISO 3200. Is your camera set to auto ISO? At 1/320 it would be difficult to get a sharp shot of a tiger chasing a deer. Also, the tiger is lightening quick when it gives that chase. So in low light, the best bet is to get these kind of shots where the tiger is crouching or about to charge etc.

I had some health issues so was not travelling to delhi often. Now completely busy in other work. Will let you know when I am in Delhi with some free time.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
19-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Nice natural history moment captured. The pose of the tiger is nice. Wish the deer was full in the frame. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Ashok Sorout
19-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Another picture of charging Tigress where cheetal is full in frame.

Was difficult in very low light conditions. I was luckey enough to witness this event at Ranthambore. Patra Sir, Yes my camera was at auto ISO.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-06-2011, 09:16 AM
You got to witness a lovely moment, Ashok. Wish you had better light. A lower angle would have got the chital clearly in the frame, but obviously that wouldn't have been possible as you were shooting from a vehicle. Nice shot given the conditions.
TFS.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Nice one agree with comments made. wish you had got the deer in full.
TFS
Roopak