PDA

View Full Version : Worth spending a day in Ranthambore

Ashok Sorout
17-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Taken during my visit to Ranthambore today.

Canon 7D, 100-400L, F 5.6,1/30s, 400mm, iso 200. WB auto.

I was luckey enough to spot 3 tigers in a day in Ranthambore. First two were hiding in cave and tree shades but this 3rd one was in open.

Most of the time used auto mode or AV priority mode as I was so much excited after seeing 4 years old real tiger in a natural habitat first time in life.

Cropped image.

Bhargava Srivari
18-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Ideally in a safari, it is always advisable to use the Av mode where you get to decide on the settings, not the camera:)

In this case, the composition and pose are good, but you needed ISO 800 or so to get a good shutter speed for a sharp image with proper focus attained. Also, I always find using a single AF point more efficient- it allows you to focus at exactly the point you like unlike auto AF which may lock anywhere depending upon contrast in the frame.

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
19-06-2011, 11:12 AM
How much crop is this one? You had used ISO 200 and the shutter speed was 1/30. You could have easily increased the ISO to get a higher shutter speed. That would have helped in getting you a sharper image.

AV mode is fine as long as you know when to dial in the exposure compensation. It is better to control the AF point.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
19-06-2011, 12:48 PM
The pose and the eye contact is nice. The vertical composition looks good. A higher shutter speed would have been good, you could have increased the ISO to 500 atleast. Agree with the above comments. Are you using a tripod or bean bag? With proper hand holding techniques you can get sharp images at low shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.