PDA

View Full Version : 100th thread

Bhargava Srivari
20-06-2011, 10:30 AM
A Pheasant-tailed jacana shot at lotus pond, Hyderabad- yesterday evening.

canon 60D, canon 100-400 L IS USM
f6.3,1/320sec, ISO 800, EV +0.7, 400mm, eval metering, cropped.

It feels nice to be associated with Indiawilds and be an active participant:) Thanks so much Sabyasachi, Mrudul, Praveen Siddannavar, Bibhav Behera, Abhishek Jamalabad, Roopak Gangadharan,Dr Kalpamoi Kakati and others for all the critique.

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Congrats on completing 100 threads :thumbup1:.

Lovely bird. The head turn and eye contact is nice. Wish the light was from behind you. Hope to see 1000th thread soon...

Supreet Sahoo
20-06-2011, 02:24 PM
This has infact come out better than the way it looked on the camera lcd

Roopak Gangadharan
20-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Congarts Bhargava thats a quick 100.

Nice pose and compo.The lily walkers habitat has come out well. the head seems soft.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Congrats on the 100th. We have seen some fine contribution from you, in the form of images, critique, etc. Look forward to loads more.

I would like a more rectangular frame here. Since this is a cropped version, I think you can manage that. Very nice pose and head turn. Wish the stalk behind the tail weren't there. Agree with Roopak about the softness. Any other angles?
TFS.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Good to know that this is the 100th thread that you have started. Learning happens when others critique your images and also when you visualise the image of others and critique. The important thing is it becomes a habit and the results come out in the field. There are many facets to master. So keep on learning.

I agree with Abhishek that a more rectangular frame ie. conforming to the 35mm dimensions would be good. It appears that this has been abruptly cutoff from the right side.

The entire body parallel to the frame would have been good as the depth of field would have covered it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
20-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Congrats on the Quickie Century. :)

The pose and composition is nice. However the horizon seems a bit tilted. Some more DOF would have got the head sharper as well I think. Wish the stalk in the centre behind the tail were absent. Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
20-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice pose.Low angle looks good.Agree that there is some tilt in the image and the image looks soft as well. Narrower aperture provided the condition permits,would have been good.How much crop is this ? Better luck next time:).TFS

Praveen Siddannavar
20-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the quick 100!, there is long way to go:)
Nice image, agree with comments made by Abhishek
tfs

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Lovely Photo.Congratulations for hitting century with occasional lofted shots.Long way you will go.SaktiWild

Sagar Patil
25-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Congrats Bhargava....for fast century.

I liked this shot very much. Nice head turn.