PDA

View Full Version : Rat snake.

Joshi Bhavya
22-06-2011, 12:52 PM
There Was a Herper workshop in polo forest and I get nice training and education about snake..and I first ever experience in handling this snakes in the forest named POLO..(India)
We found this snake at evening time.. and We examine this snake and get nice knowledge.

Bad light, Photo becomes dark, so I think to take close up of this rat snake.
So.. Some editing like lighting and some crop.
With Canon A495
F:4.5
ISO:100

Mrudul Godbole
22-06-2011, 01:36 PM
The low angle is nice. Good details. You had caught this snake dead or alive? Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
22-06-2011, 08:14 PM
No .. Is alive, and fully healthy mature female rat snake..
From examine I know this..
Thank for comment.

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Nice perspective. Thinking whether positioning the snake more to the left in the frame would work better. Not sure how you managed such a close shot, since rat snakes are very fast, alert and aggressive. Why is its mouth open?
TFS

Joshi Bhavya
23-06-2011, 07:01 PM
When we catch this snake she becomes scared.. and trying to run away from us.. as usually all snakes do. and yes, it is difficult to take the close up.. because of my digital cam.
But in this one.. A herper has control on this snake .. when snake is calm.. I get chance to take images...
And about open month... Exactly I don't know the reason.. when I shot these one.. image comes with slightly open mouth.. But I am 100% sure that This snake is not Dead..
I think I clear you Doubts if other questions Feel free to ask.. Thanks for comment, Abhishek.