PDA

View Full Version : Grazing Peacefully 2

Mrudul Godbole
26-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Photographed at Bandipur a few months back. The lighting was difficult with the dark background and the lighted foreground. This was photographed in the afternoon safari and so the light was harsh. I liked the peaceful way in which it was grazing.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, 1/200, f8, hand held

comments and critiques welcome..

Bhargava Srivari
26-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Surprising to not see its tusks (makhna?)..does the animal lack tusks or problem with my eyes? :) Anyway, nice mood and pose...wish to see a slight contrast boost.

Tfs

Mrudul Godbole
26-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Surprising to not see its tusks (makhna?)..does the animal lack tusks or problem with my eyes? :)
Tfs

Bhargava, Sorry posted the wrong image. It is the mother not the adolescent tusker. Previously I had posted an image from the same series with the mother and the calf here - Grazing peacefully - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6615). Thanks for pointing out.

Sathya Vagale
27-06-2011, 10:50 AM
nice shot
i like the composition, but dont u think its a wee-bit overexposed

Mrudul Godbole
27-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the comments.

nice shot
i like the composition, but dont u think its a wee-bit overexposed

You feel the image is overexposed because of the foreground vegetation - those small white flowers. The image is exposed to the right without blowing out highlights. Thanks for the comment.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-06-2011, 08:37 PM
This is a common problem with the small out of focus white flowers. Unless, you use a deep depth of field and get the vegetation in focus or use a graduated neutral density filter to darken the foreground it would remain an issue. And no telephoto lens can get so many feet covered under depth of field.